Even though graduation is a few months away, preparation for the event has already begun. For both students and their families, there is a lot of planning involved in making sure the event runs smoothly. From ordering a cap and gown to taking a senior picture, this list has many of the important dates. It is recommended that students share this list with their friends and family in order to make the necessary reservations and plans for graduation.
Information For Students
- Order Cap & Gown
- You can place your order online at Jostens
- Record name online for correct pronunciation
- Order your tickets
- Tuesday, Feb. 18 by 3 p.m.: A unique ticket code and ordering information for Commencement I will be emailed to students.
- Wednesday, Feb. 19 at 8 a.m.: Ticket ordering begins for Commencement I – College of Arts and Sciences and School of Education.
- Thursday, Feb. 20 by 3 p.m.: A unique ticket code and ordering information for Commencement II will be emailed to students.
- Friday, Feb. 21 at 8 a.m.: Ticket ordering begins for Commencement II – Pamplin School of Business, Shiley School of Engineering and School of Nursing.
- Friday, April 3: Deadline for ordering tickets.
- Friday, April 24: Tickets will be emailed to students to print at home.
- Get your senior picture taken – From the LOG (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Attend Senior Night on April 22 – contact Marie Jobes from more info (email@example.com)
- Attend Senior Event – contact Anna Horlacher, (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Plan a grad party
For Parents and Families
- Make reservations for hotels
- Order Grad Announcements
- Make reservations for dinner/brunch the day of/night before graduation (restaurants fill up fast!) Here are some recommendations for large groups:
- Salty’s on the Columbia River
- Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse
- Von Ebert Brewing Pearl
- Deschutes Brewery
- Ringside Steakhouse
- Visit the Commencement Website for any other questions!
Ajay Davis is a reporter for The Beacon. He can be reached at email@example.com.